Types Of Computer Security
Computer security can be compromised as a result of various types of computer security threats. This is of particular concerns for business as there have been many reported incidents where confidential and vital system data has been stolen.
Here is a look at security threats that can attack your system:
- Phishing is a form of security threat where you get an email with a link that takes you to a fake site which asks for personal information’
- Hackers can get into the system and steal confidential and sensitive information.
- Viruses can drain system resources, leak out confidential information and even cause a system crash
- Denial of service attacks are really vicious as they prevent authorized users from gaining access to their system, they are usually aimed at web servers and try to make websites unavailable
- Worms are programs that spread by making copies of themselves. They use a computer to send request to website and can make it crash. Furthermore, they can also allow hackers to take control of a system
Computer security problems can be avoided by taking adequate precautions to prevent compromise on system security. Installing anti-virus software is first step. Such software will detect viruses and provide solution so that they are completely eliminated from the system. Anti-virus software that most people are seen to use include AVG, Norton, and Mcfee.
Implementing firewalls can prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to system resources and stealing confidential data. Make sure that you have an anti spyware program installed to protect your system from pop-ups and slow performance.
More Articles :